Welcome to Juno Class Webpage
Teacher: Miss Gerada
LSA: Mrs Smith
In year 5 we are hard-working and resilient learners. Together we will strive to become better and do our best, using our growth mind-sets to face any challenges. Our classroom is a diverse and respectful place to be.
Things to remember:
- PE is on a Tuesday and Wednesday so please make sure you have your full PE kit.
- To bring your water bottle (ideally filled and ready to go for the day)
- To bring your reading record and book to school each day and of course, take them home each evening.
- Read at home every day if you can
- Practise your timestables as often as you can- TTRS is great fun!
- Homework spellings will be sent out and tested every Monday from 13.9.21 so please practise at home so you can be proud of your score.
- Tuesday is PPA day and therefore your day will be a little different; you will participate in computing and PE lessons.
‘Our Island and its influences’
In year 5, we will be learning to be Historians. We will be exploring and developing our historical knowledge and learning skills while learning about the Ancient Greeks.
Class Connected Curriculum book: Who Let the Gods out?
**Handy Knowledge Organisers can be found in the Connected Curriculum files below.
Sustainable Development Goals:
This year in maths we will cover the following:
In English this term we will be learning to write various text types- including setting descriptions, non-chronological reports and character descriptions. To compliment these different text types we will be learning to identify and use the relevant grammatical devices that go with each text.
We will be:
In reading we will:
This half term we start our science learning off with SPACE! I hope you learn to love learning about Space as much as I love learning about it and teaching it! We will find out what you already know early on in the year as well as find out what fun investigations you might want to explore. We will specifically learn about the our solar systems planets, how and why we have day and night and how the moon move around Earth... and lots of other cool knowledge!
Use the form below to get in contact with the class teacher during the school shutdown.
Click here for more information.